Sims Hill is a company limited by guarantee that is governed by multi-stakeholder co-operative rules. We collect some personal data from members in order to stay in touch, and include you in the work of the business of the cooperative. We will not collect any data from you that we do not need.
2. Personal information that we collect.
The type of personal information that we collect and use include: full name, e-mail address, telephone number, and address.
3. Where does your personal information come from?
Your personal information is provided by you when you fill out a Sims Hill membership form.
4. What do we do with your personal information?
We keep your personal information in an electronic database, and as paper copies which are kept securely and are only viewed by essential personnel. We also add you to our members’ email list which is stored on the Mailchimp marketing platform. Mailchimp’s security policies are published and available online.
5. How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary under the legal basis for processing. If you choose not to become a member after filling out a membership form, we will securely delete the membership form. We also delete all personal information within 3 months after you cease to become a member.
6. Sharing your personal information with other parties.
We will not share your personal data for commercial purposes – for example, we will not sell your data to third parties or pass on your personal details to any third party.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information.
- You have the right to ask what personal information is held about you and be provided with a copy.
- If any of the information we hold is incorrect we will correct it at your request.
- You can ask for us to delete the personal information concerning you that we hold from our records.
- You can request that your data is sent to you or another organisation in a computer readable format.
In respect of all of the above options you should contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office at http://www.ico.org.uk.
9. What we ask of you.
Please give us accurate information and tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information. Please tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you, as this helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date.
10. Contact us.
To contact us concerning any of the matters in this notice, or to opt out of any e-communications such as a newsletter or other communications, please email us on email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our communications at any time using the link at the bottom of our emails.