We are looking for a new Community worker to run our Community Food Centre. The Centre has been running since November 2016, and as our staff member moves away we are looking for a replacement to take this important role in the Sims Hill team.
You will be responsible for working with referral agencies to invite vulnerable people to join a ‘community of health and well-being’ that gathers at the farm on Thursdays and offers work experience, a meal together and the opportunity to order free or subsidised food. You will manage this gathering, oversee the cooking of a meal and the distribution and ordering of food through Real Economy Co-operative.
The post is for 8 hours per week on Thursdays at the Feed Bristol site.
This role will suit someone who:
• relates well to people who are in difficult circumstances
• has an interest in food and food growing as a means to social cohesion
• recognises the importance of community life to our health and well-being
• has an ability to manage groups of volunteers in gardening and cooking contexts
• is proactive and able to develop the project and monitor progress
You will be responsible, on a day to day basis, to the Farm Manager and may work actively with our partners Real Economy.
Pay and conditions
· either at the rate of £12 per hour for an 8 hour day for 50 weeks per year (self-employed)
· or on an employed basis for one eight hour day per week at a rate of £10.58 per hour with four weeks holiday and a 6% employers pension contribution.
The agreed start date for this post is April 1st 2018.
The post is subject to one month’s written notice and will be formally reviewed and renewed on a six monthly basis.
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted on 2 sides of A4 plus a CV to email@example.com by 23rd March 2018.