Hello all! Sims Hill needs a volunteer Finance Manager who will also act as our Board Treasurer. The job description is below. If you are interested, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will involve working closely with the Farm Manager and Chair of the Board to manage the overall finances of the business, including the grant funded projects.
This will include:
- Developing budgets and business plans
- Regular monitoring of income and spend compared to business plans
- Reporting to the Board on the financial position.
- Advising the bookkeeper where necessary on how to account for projects within the accounting package.
- Liaising with the external accountant for the year end accounts.
- Financial and Business experience
- Good Communication
- Experience of financial accounting packages and Excel
- Accounting experience
- Experience of Quick Books
- Knowledge of vegetable growing projects and challenges of this sector.
The book keeping and financial administration is not part of this role.