Sims Hill Shared Harvest (SHSH), one of Bristol’s exciting local food projects, is looking for someone to help recruit new members via promotional stalls and events.
This would be a great fit for someone who:
- is enthusiastic about promoting local food and healthy eating
- likes to do face to face recruitment
- loves meeting people
- is interested in supporting Community Supported Agriculture
- is interested in promoting farm scale permaculture
- wants to gain experience working in a member owned co-operative
About the recruitment role
We’re looking for someone who can lead on running a number of weekend recruitment stalls.
As a priority we would like to run quick pop-up stalls (for a couple of hours) on high streets which are close to our veg drop-off points – for example Easton and St Werburghs. Sometimes we have opportunities to have a stall at local events around the city, and are also looking for help with those.
You would be liaising with our Communications team for support. Your tasks would be:
1. Planning the stall – date, time, place. If it’s at an event, liaising with their point of contact.
2. Making sure you have the materials/equipment (flyers, banner, membership forms, table) and can get them there on the day.
3. Getting in touch with Sims Hill members ahead of time to help at the stall on the day.
4. Briefing helpers on what to do (obviously we’d have given you a crib sheet and talked you through it).
5. Talking to the public and recruiting new members.
6. Getting completed membership forms and interest lists to our Membership admin person.
If you are interested in speaking to Mike about this opportunity, please email: email@example.com with your contact details and approximately 100 words on your relevant experience.
Click here for the pdf version of the advert for this Recruitment volunteer