Happy Christmas from the Hill!
Hello everyone, and thanks so much for your support this year. As a community supported project, Sims Hills Shared Harvest wouldn’t exist but for the support and belief of its members. 2012 has been a tough year, but we are still standing, and with your help have put together some exciting ideas and plans for 2013!
Perhaps the most important decision made at the last member’s meeting is that we need each member to recruit a half or full veg share member over the next few months to ensure that we meet our financial commitments for 2013. Please help us meet this target by using the flyer you will be receiving in your Christmas veg share this week, or if you are a supporter member and/or missed the flyer, it is attached here for you to download and print out. (The flyer bit is below the cut lines on the front and back pages.)
Please remember that this week’s veg box share is a double one so there will not be a veg share to collect next week.
Items that were agreed by members for 2013 were:
- Members agreed on a 5% price increase to cover rising costs. This takes full shares to £44/month (including the £3 membership fee), and half share memberships to £25/month (including the £3 membership fee). Please help us by adjusting your standing orders accordingly ready for January.
- All of our 2013 trainings/workshops will be free to members. The first one of these will be a “living landscape” walk with national permaculture expert Patrick Whitefield in February 2013. Details tbc shortly.
- For more exciting plans for 2013, please see below.
Since the meeting we have received planning permission for our polytunnels and will update you on this shortly.
The full meeting notes are accessible on the website at: http://bit.ly/Yk1OVt
Sims Hill Shared Harvest 2013 Plan:
- Implementing a cutting edge swale water management system to address the challenge of a changing climate. We are currently seeking funding to finance this.
- Sims Hill will become a Permaculture Land centre (http://www.permaculture.org.uk/land)
- We are planning a 2 year apprenticeship scheme that will help develop the educational and commercial sides of the project. We are seeking funding for this initiative.
Come celebrate with us and find out more!
Our next Community Celebration (including music and shared meal) will be 13th January at the Easton Community Centre from 5 to 8 pm following on from a “barn-raising” come and help us build our packing shed work day! More details will be appearing on the blog soon https://simshillsharedharvest.wordpress.com/events/
We are also planning a “living landscape walk” event with national permaculture expert Patrick Whitefield sometime in February. Keep an eye on the blog for details about this to appear soon also.
A very Merry Holiday season to all from Sims Hill Shared Harvest!